Our 2020-21 Annual Report has been tabled in parliament. You can access the Annual Report here (PDF 6.4MB) and read about the outcomes and achievements of our programs and services in 2020-21.
We remain committed to being a future focused organisation – refining our approaches and innovating to improve wealth acquisition and economic independence for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
The report details our performance and impact, and celebrates the many Indigenous Australians who are achieving great outcomes at an individual, community and corporate level. Highlights include:
At 30 June 2021:
- The value of IBA’s business finance portfolio was 127.2 million.
- The value of IBA’s home loan portfolio was $1,269 million, with 5119 loans.
- 30.7% of IBA staff were Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.
- 96% of home loans were to first home buyers.
- The value of IBA’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander procurement was $9.5 million.
- IBA’s investment activities employed 588 people, 155 of them Indigenous.
- Over $11.2 million in income was paid to Indigenous employees of IBA’s investment activities.
- IBA assisted 448 Indigenous families to buy their own home.
- IBA delivered 355 finance products valued at $52.4 million, and 465 different forms of business support and skills development.
- IBA assisted 159 customers through business relief packages, providing $13.1 million in support.
Over past five financial years there have been:
- 3047 new home loans.
- $1.06 billion in home ownership outcomes.
- $234 million in business finance.
- 840 business finance customers.
- Average returns to our Indigenous co-investors of 7.2%.