Applications closed on 24 August 2022
IBA is providing the opportunity to four Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander business owners to attend the 2022 World Indigenous Business Forum (WIBF) in Villavicencio, Meta, Colombia.
The WIBF aims to connect, inspire, mobilise and support organisations and entrepreneurs in the sustainable development of Indigenous businesses.
Its goal is to increase participation in the global economy by providing opportunities to broaden markets, improve access to business potential, increase Indigenous economic benefits from major resource development and energy investments, and increase Indigenous prosperity through economic growth.
Please note preference will be given to first time recipients of this opportunity.
IBA will cover WIBF registration (including the conference dinner ticket), flights, accommodation and transfers to and from the forum.
IBA will only cover costs from 26 – 28 October 2022 (and required travel dates either side) specifically related to the WIBF and your attendance.
These are essential unless otherwise indicated.
- Applicant must identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- Must be an existing IBA business customer
- Demonstrated export capability, or have export potential
- Demonstrated capacity to scale up your business/service
- The business was established no less than 18 months before 30 June 2022.
- Up to date with IBA loan repayments (if applicable)
- Membership with Supply Nation or a Chamber of Commerce is not mandatory, but is desirable
- Ability to confidently network and build relationships is desired
- Must hold a valid Australian passport with at least 6 months validity beyond planned travel dates
- Be up to date with relevant travel and COVID vaccinations on date of travel
- None of the relevant persons in the business
- Are undischarged bankrupts; or
- have been found guilty of for an indictable offence against a law of the Commonwealth or another jurisdiction that involves fraud, embezzlement, cybercrime, counterfeiting, identity theft, money laundering, terrorism financing, tax evasion, bribery, corruption, blackmail, forgery, insider trading, market manipulation, an offence under the Taxation Administration Act 1953 (Cth), or any other serious financial crime.
How to apply:
Complete the online application form. You will be asked to attach the following before you submit:
- Confirmation of Descent
- Letter of support (please provide a letter of support from a third party in support of your application and how attending the World Indigenous Business Forum will benefit your business).
Closing date: COB Wednesday 24 August 2022