Under our Code of Conduct, Values and Behaviour Framework, employees must:
- Behave honestly and with integrity in the course of their employment in IBA.
- Act with care and diligence in the course of their employment.
- When acting in the course of their IBA employment, treat everyone with respect and courtesy, and without harassment.
- When acting in the course of IBA employment, comply with all applicable Australian laws.
- Comply with any lawful and reasonable direction given by someone within IBA who has authority to give the direction.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality of IBA information.
- Disclose, and take reasonable steps to avoid, any conflict of interest (real or apparent) in connection with their employment.
- Use IBA resources (including IT) in a proper manner.
- Not provide false or misleading information in response to a request for information that is made for official purposes in connection with the employee’s employment.
- Not make improper use of (a) inside information or (b) the employee’s duties, status, power or authority in order to gain, or seek to gain, a benefit or advantage for the employee or for any other person.
- At all times behave in a way that upholds IBA’s Values and the integrity and good reputation of IBA.
- Except in the course of his or her duties as an IBA employee or with the Chief Executive Officer's express authority, not give or disclose, directly or indirectly, any information about business or anything of which the employee has official knowledge.
Invested We excel culturally and technically, and we respect the aspirations of our customers.
Informed We listen to our customers, and use evidence to operate ethically, with agility, and with clarity of purpose.
Responsive We manage customer expectations through positive customer experience every time we engage, and we are open to opportunity.
Respectful We value the diversity of our staff and we bring our collective skills and life experience together to create value for our customers.
Connected We maintain strategic relationships and are invested in our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Behaviour Framework
Staff behaviour is the foundation of IBA's performance management system. Individual and team performance is assessed with reference to these behaviours.
- Behaves with sensitivity to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and cultures and keeps their needs at front of mind.
- Shows respect for diversity of people, shows empathy, and treats others with fairness, courtesy, equity and respect.
- Behaves in a professional, honest, constructive and ethical way.
- Acts in the best interests of our clients and our organisation.
- Conveys a positive attitude to my work and workplace through hopeful, optimistic and resilient behaviour.
- Shows commitment to IBA's purpose by expressing to others the positive value and benefits of our work.
- Works for the good of the team by acting cooperatively, sharing knowledge, being constructive and flexible.
- Shows awareness of my impact on others and shows an openness to learn and grow.
- Strives for excellence and continuous improvement in my work.
- Stays informed of my responsibilities as an employee and behaves accordingly.
- Demonstrates a conscientious approach to doing my job.