The general principles and standards that operate in the Code of Conduct are outlined below. At the core of the Code and each principle or standard is an employment relationship based on trust and the obligation to do the right thing by employees, contractors, interns, volunteers and other stakeholders at all times.
- Act honestly, in good faith and in the best interests of IBA as a whole.
- Perform duties and responsibilities in a safe, responsible and effective manner.
- Understand and comply with the requirements of all applicable IBA policies and procedures, laws and regulations that apply to their role.
- Comply with all lawful and reasonable directions of an IBA officer who has authority to give the direction.
- Treat everyone with respect and courtesy, and maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination, sexual harassment, bullying and victimisation.
- Ensure that sensitive and confidential information is protected and not carelessly or improperly accessed, used or disclosed.
- Ensure the integrity of IBA’s information technology system is protected and not compromised such as by the use of unauthorised software, malware, breaches of licence arrangements and the like.
- Respect and safeguard the property of IBA from loss, theft or unauthorised use, as well as the property of customers, suppliers and other individuals.
- Not make improper use of their position, authority, power or status to gain, or seek to gain, a benefit or advantage for the employee or another person, or to cause a detriment to IBA or another person.
- Use all IBA resources provided in an appropriate manner and for a proper purpose.
- Ensure personal business, financial and other outside interests do not conflict with, or appear to conflict with, their duties and disclose any conflict of interest (actual, potential or perceived).
- Report unethical, illegal or improper behaviour, including breaches of this Code.
- Ensure that their conduct, whether during or outside working hours, is consistent with this Code, upholds IBA’s Values and does not damage IBA’s good reputation.
Invested We excel culturally and technically, and we respect the aspirations of our customers.
Informed We listen to our customers, and use evidence to operate ethically, with agility, and with clarity of purpose.
Responsive We manage customer expectations through positive customer experience every time we engage, and we are open to opportunity.
Respectful We value the diversity of our staff and we bring our collective skills and life experience together to create value for our customers.
Connected We maintain strategic relationships and are invested in our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Behaviour Framework
Staff behaviour is the foundation of IBA's performance management system. Individual and team performance is assessed with reference to these behaviours.
- Behaves with sensitivity to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and cultures and keeps their needs at front of mind.
- Shows respect for diversity of people, shows empathy, and treats others with fairness, courtesy, equity and respect.
- Behaves in a professional, honest, constructive and ethical way.
- Acts in the best interests of our clients and our organisation.
- Conveys a positive attitude to my work and workplace through hopeful, optimistic and resilient behaviour.
- Shows commitment to IBA's purpose by expressing to others the positive value and benefits of our work.
- Works for the good of the team by acting cooperatively, sharing knowledge, being constructive and flexible.
- Shows awareness of my impact on others and shows an openness to learn and grow.
- Strives for excellence and continuous improvement in my work.
- Stays informed of my responsibilities as an employee and behaves accordingly.
- Demonstrates a conscientious approach to doing my job.