SUCCESS, OUTCOMES AND THE FUTURE
IBA is resolute in achieving our vision for a nation where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are economically independent and an integral part of the economy. While we have learnt many things on our journey, we will continue to seek new ways of adding value to the lives of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
We acknowledge that IBA must adapt to change and continually strive for improvement to maintain a reputation for being professional and highly effective. While we recognise that IBA is not able to do everything, we can contribute meaningfully to increase economic participation and development.
This means we will continue to work with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to enable housing security, start or grow a business or make informed investments for the future.
The most immediate opportunities that exist for us are to:
- be highly customer focused in our teamwork and with our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients
- focus on looking forward
- deliver excellent customer experiences
- strive to be a go-to agency for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, providing products and solutions designed for success
- make ourselves available to support our customers and celebrate their success
- tackle complex challenges in collaboration with communities, government, private sector and individuals
- invest with our customers so their dreams become a reality
- reinvest and build long term wealth for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
It is the dedication and passion of our teams that demonstrates their commitment to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities we serve through our products and services. This will contribute to our ongoing
success into the future.
As Chair, I had a vision of what IBA could do and while those plans continue to expand, I believe this year surpassed that vision. Our accomplishments show the positive impact IBA has had in partnering with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in housing, business solutions and investments, and assets.
On behalf of the Board, I would like to express how proud we are to lead IBA with a workforce focused on excellence and deeply invested in delivering tangible benefits for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
I would like to thank the IBA Board for their strategic insight and the IBA Executive and staff for their continued focus on innovation and success.
I am constantly reminded by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander leaders that it is not all about what you seek to achieve; it is equally about how you achieve it. By engaging our stakeholders, we help them achieve success.
Ending disparity is complex and challenging. Each of us is an integral part of the IBA ecosystem, interconnected and networking to profoundly impact the lives of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.