Update: Applications close date COB Monday 13 November.
IBA’s Elevate program provides an opportunity for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander individuals to develop their governance and leadership skills. Elevate is designed to build a pipeline of capable Indigenous non-executive directors for boards of IBA Investments subsidiary companies.
It includes an observership position on an IBA subsidiary board or committee, mentoring, networking opportunities, and supplementary education required to enhance their governance skills.
Elevate is expected to commence in early 2024 and will run for a period of 18 months. At the completion of the program participants may be invited to join the pipeline of Indigenous non executive directors for boards of IBA Investment subsidiary companies.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, have a look at the criteria below to see if you’re eligible.
Select criteria is required including:
- identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- minimum of six years’ work experience
- understanding of the role of a non-executive director
- desire to gain non-executive director experience
- ability to complete the AICD Company Directors Course (if not already completed)
- reasonable level of business acumen and financial literacy
- ability to think strategically and participate in discussions at a board level
- ability to commit the required time over the 18 month program (with approval from your workplace/management), including:
- attendance at all board or committee meetings (4-6 per annum) as an observer, including travel where required
- attendance at the IBA Nominee Director Conference (subject to this taking place)
- undertake required study
- review board papers and relevant materials
- participate in mentoring and other meetings, as required
- not have any conflicts of interests (assessed as part of application process)
- develop and build governance skills
- gain directorship/board experience through observership
- grow understanding of commercial business operations
- build network
- influence strategy and decision making
- create change.
Read the Program Outline here.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your CV and a cover letter that clearly addresses the eligibility criteria and tells us why you think you are suitable for this opportunity to Janelle.Shekoush@iba.gov.au.
Applications close date COB Monday 13 November.
For more information, please contact 02 9207 6357 or Janelle.Shekoush@iba.gov.au.